- Make processes explicit - create recipes on how things should get done
- As a manager, use data to evaluate. Create metrics and set specific goals and targets.
- Experiment to address the unknown. Use prototypes to develop new capabilities.
- Break things. Inject failures and see if the system breaks in an expected way.
- Share knowledge. Make it a priority to share outside your team.
- Create coaches. Need technical coaches, coaches must be able to code
- Shrink to make progress. If you get stuck try refining and narrowing focus to get things moving.
Making software leaders better